This event will take place between 29 June-4 July 2015 in Sinaia, a beautiful resort in the Carpathain Mountains, close to Dracula’s Castle.
SSIMA is organized by the Faculty of Medical Engineering and Image Processing and Analysis Laboratory (LAPI), University Politehnica of Bucharest, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and the Faculty of Informatics, Titu Maiorescu University, Bucharest.
Medical Imaging, the domain situated at the interface between Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics and Medicine refers to the visualization of the body parts, organs, tissues or cells for clinical diagnosis, disease monitoring and treatment. Non-invasive surgical interventions, surgery-planning, personalized treatment, personalized computer models of the heart for therapy guidance and patient monitoring, analysis of tumors and their evolution are some of the Medical Imaging applications. Nowadays, Medical Imaging is used not only for diagnosis and treatment but also for prevention, leading to lowering costs in healthcare on global scale and improving the public health. Consequently, the training of specialists in the medical imaging domain becomes more and more significant and it is the target of our Summer School.
Our Industry Expert is FotoNation, the industry leader in computational imaging and computer vision technologies for more than a decade, is supporting our event.
Our Platinum Sponsor SIEMENS, is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalization and is a leading supplier of systems for power generation and transmission as well as medical diagnosis.
Our special guest is George. T. Haber– Cresta Fund. George is a visionary and successful Serial Entrepreneur, Marketing Guru and Strategist, with proven track record from vision to implement and manage High Tech Companies from StartUp to M&A or IPO.
- Prof. Alfred M. Bruckstein– Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
- Prof. Michael Miller-Johns Hopkins University, US
- Prof. Laurent Younes-Johns Hopkins University, US
- Dr. Dorin Comaniciu-Siemens Corporate Technology, Princeton, US
- Prof. Ron Kimmel-Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
- Prof. Nir Sochen-Tel Aviv University, Israel
- Prof. Laurent Cohen-University Paris Dauphine, France
- Prof. Josiane Zerubia-INRIA, Sophia Antipolis, France
- Prof. Bart ter Haar Romeny-Eindhoven University Of Technology, Netherlands
- Prof. Dmitry Chetverikov-Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Hungary
- Dr Elena Ovreiu – University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Prof Alfred M. Bruckstein – Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- Prof Iustin Priescu – Titu Maiorescu University
The even is open to about 50 qualified and pre-selected candidates:
- BSc, Master and PhD students
- Post-docs and young researchers (both academia and industry)
- Senior researchers (both academia and industry)
- Academic and industrial professionals
The school fee will be 250 EUR for BSc, Masters and PhD students, 300 EUR for post docs and young researchers, 400 EUR for senior researchers, academic and industrial professionals. The fee will include all course materials, coffee breaks, WiFi internet connexion at the conference center, festive dinner and a trip to Dracula’s Castle.
For romanian participants, the fees will be: 450 RON for BSc and Master students, 670 RON for PhD and post docs, 900 RON for senior researchers and academic professionals, 1800 RON for industrial professionals.The fee will include all course materials, coffee breaks, WiFi internet connexion at the conference center and festive dinner.
Participants are welcome to present their recent research activity in a poster presentation.
Extended contributions (4-pages, submited no later than August,1st 2015 ) will be published in a Proceedings of the School.
May, 22, June, 12, 2015
Registration: June, 12, 2015