This event will take place between the 4th and 8th of July, 2016 in “the Little Paris of the East”, Bucharest, Romania.
The main topic of this year’s edition is Imaging in Cardiology.
SSIMA 2016 is organized by the University Politehnica of Bucharest, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology and Eindhoven University of Technology.
Medical Imaging is the domain situated at the interface between Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics and Medicine and refers to the visualization of the body parts, organs, tissues or cells for clinical diagnosis, disease monitoring and treatment.
Advances in medical technology have improved the ability to detect and treat the cardiovascular disease at an early stage.
The progress occured in computer tomography (CT) imaging of the heart and coronary arteries and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) including quantitative estimates of coronary blood flow can be used as an alternative to invasive angiography.
Therapies for cardiac diseases such as defibrillation, ablation of ventricular tachycardia, and cardiac resynchronization therapy are improved or new one are developed due to the latest developments in cardiac modelling.
Nowadays, Medical Imaging is used not only for diagnosis and treatment but also for prevention, leading to lowering costs in healthcare on global scale and improving the public health. Consequently, the training of specialists in the medical imaging domain becomes more and more significant and it is the target of our Summer School.
- Prof Polina Golland – Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Prof Nicholas Ayache – INRIA-The French Institute for Research in Computer Science and Automation, France
- Prof Nikos Paragios -Ecole Centrale de Paris, France
- Prof Peter Meer -Rutgers The State University of New Jersey, USA
- Prof Laurent Najman – Université Paris-Est, France
- Prof Bart ter Haar Romeny – Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
Presenting their latest research results at our workshop:
- Prof Michael Miller – Johns Hopkins University, US
- Prof Laurent Younes – Johns Hopkins University, US
- Prof Josiane Zerubia – INRIA Sophia Antipolis, France
- Prof Radu Stoica – Université Lille 1, France
- Prof Laurent Cohen – Universite Paris Dauphine, France
- Prof Alin Moldoveanu -University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Dr Elena Ovreiu – University Politehnica of Bucharest
- Prof Alfred M. Bruckstein – Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- Prof Bart ter Haar Romeny– Eindhoven University of Technology
The event is open to about 70 qualified and pre-selected candidates:
- BSc, Master and PhD students
- Post-docs and young researchers (both academia and industry)
- Senior researchers (both academia and industry)
- Academic and industrial professionals
The school fee will be 250 EUR for BSc, Masters and PhD students, 300 EUR for post docs and young researchers, 400 EUR for senior researchers, academic and industrial professionals. The fee will include coffee breaks, WiFi internet connexion at the conference center.
For romanian participants, the fees will be: 450 RON for BSc and Master students, 670 RON for PhD and post docs, 900 RON for senior researchers and academic professionals, 1800 RON for industrial professionals.The fee will include coffee breaks, WiFi internet connection at the conference center and festive dinner.
Participants are welcomed to present their recent research activity in a poster presentation.
May 15, 2016 June, 10, 2016
Registration: June 15, 2016